Best Company Swag
Since the inception of the corporate swag concept, several businesses have made it their mission to simplify the process of creating the best company swag available. Whether a company is looking for something as simple as promotional pens for small business or more personalized and advanced products, designing and offering high-quality branded items can be accomplished easily when working with the right provider.
However, given the sheer number of small business merchandise providers, choosing one that fits your company’s specific needs can feel like an overwhelming decision to come to. From planning the items you want to offer on your company swag store to determining the right events to bring specific pieces to, there is so much that goes into launching promotional items for your business.
Fortunately, this guide can help you not only choose items that customers, prospects, employees, and fellow professionals will actually use, but it’ll also provide you with guidance regarding how to narrow down your selections and choose a vendor that will be able to satisfy your requirements.
Best Swag 2022
A major component of creating worthwhile company swag involves knowing what your employees and customers are actually going to use. Some of the best company swag in 2022 includes the following:
- Device Chargers
- Water Bottles / Coffee Tumblers
- Webcam Covers
- Snack / Lunchboxes (especially eco-friendly or recycled items that add convenience to food storage)
- Phone Cases / Popsockets (phone cases may require more variation as so many models are available today, but popsockets are quite universal)
- Shirts / Hoodies
- Flash Drives
Place your company’s logo on any one (or all) of these items and you’re going to have the best swag items that serve a purpose.
Best Swag Companies
There is an impressive number of swag stores online, so to choose the best one for your company’s branded products, it’s a good idea to have some objectives in mind before shopping around. Think about the items your team might want as well as purchasing standards that are important to you.
For example, you might decide on a specific price range for your swag items, or you may be looking for companies that offer fast shipping. You might have design and customization requirements in mind as well. The best companies usually allow teams to design their own branded merchandise from start to finish. Take Postal, which has a Collections feature that enables businesses to build their own branded store so that B2B companies can create a simple B2C shopping experience.
When you know exactly what you need in a branded swag store, it becomes far easier to narrow down your options so that you choose a company that will provide the best experience.
A simple guide to follow when choosing a vendor includes confirming the following features:
- Does the vendor allow you full creative control over the items you’re planning to design?
- Does the vendor carry a variety of items that meet your needs?
- Does the vendor provide adequate customer service?
- Is the pricing aligned with the funds you plan to invest?
- Are the items high quality?
- Does the vendor offer easy-to-use software and/or website features?
- Do the vendor’s software and applications integrate well with programs your company already uses?
- Was the vendor prepared to answer all of your questions during your consultation?
- Does the vendor offer free trials that allow you to use the software before deciding?
Branded Swag Ideas
If you need help brainstorming company swag ideas for 2022 and beyond, there are a few ways to plan accordingly.
First, think about the purpose of the items you’re designing. Different events and recipients might benefit from a unique selection of items. If you’re trying to promote your company to customers and other businesses, you might choose a line of promotional swag ideas that differ from what you’d choose if you were designing employee appreciation gifts.
Then again, if you’re thinking about general merchandise ideas for small business, you might be able to curate a list of products that practically anyone will find useful.
Take a look at these examples for inspiration.
- Tea Gift Set: including a branded mug and assortment of tea bags
- Backpacks: something that recipients can use on a daily basis
- Tech Swag Ideas: wireless chargers, earbuds, Bluetooth speakers, cable organizers, mousepads, wireless keyboards, protective coverings for devices (phone and laptop cases, for example)
- Branded Swag Ideas: chapsticks, hand sanitizers, reusable straws, planners, notepads, pens
High-End Swag Ideas
In special circumstances, designing luxury swag items might give prospects, high-end clients, and employees coming up on important milestones a positive impression of your company. If you’re planning to design luxury swag items for events, you probably have a budget in mind. Because luxury items are more expensive to make, it’s only natural that you want to make the most of your investment and come up with unique swag ideas that will be appreciated.
To get you in the right mindset for brainstorming high-end swag ideas, let’s cover a few items that make great swag products.
- Portable Coffee Brewers
- Cheese Boards
- Wine Glasses
- Desk Clocks
- Apparel: Hats, shirts, jackets, scarves, etc.
- Digital Photo Frames
- Snack Baskets: cheese, dried meat, crackers, sweets, dried fruit, etc.
Some of these items may call for additional details during the planning process, so it’s good to be aware of what your intended recipients like (color preferences, flavors, hobbies, etc.).
Best Company Swag for Employees
Curating a selection of company swag items for your employees might sound complicated at first, but keep in mind that your team has regular access to these individuals. Through team building and workplace interactions, you might have already learned in passing about what your employees like.
In situations where you’re not sure about an employee’s hobbies, interests, personal identity, or culture, asking is always an option. Send out employee surveys or take time to observe lunch break conversations if you want to design cool company swag pieces they’ll enjoy.
For owners and managers who work in small businesses, the process of choosing unique employee gifts will likely be less time consuming than trying to plan personalized gifts for thousands of employees. When you work closely with your colleagues, you might easily recall who among you is a pet lover, gardening enthusiast, amateur cook, coffee connoisseur, or aspiring mixologist. Popular swag items in 2022 come from these realizations.
However, if you’re trying to choose general, but still highly useful swag items for your employees, some company swag vendors recommend the following:
- Coffee Mugs
- Desk Organizers
- Totes / Laptop Sleeves
- Desk Humidifiers / Air Purifiers
- Branded Lanyards
Best Swag Ideas for Conferences
Business conferences present great opportunities to make an impression with cool swag ideas. As with any of the circumstances mentioned above, though, designing swag items that people will actually use is paramount. Branded pens and, for some reason, branded frisbees are popular swag options, but if you want your company to stand out among the sea of other businesses, coming up with the best swag ideas for conferences is the way to do it.
If you’re planning to attend an industry-specific conference, catering your company swag items to fit the field that other attendees operate in may be helpful. For example, bringing the best swag for engineers to a highly-technical conference is a plus.
Whether you’re attending Inbound, SaaStr, Dreamforce, or any number of other group interactions, take a look at the following items to inspire the best swag choices.
- Notebooks, notepads, file folders
- Drinkware Items: cups, mugs, bottles, tumblers, thermoses, glasses, blenders, etc.
- Snack Items: chips, nuts, free water, crackers, cookies, etc.
- Office Supplies: staplers, pens, pen cups, phone stands, paperclips, scissors, mail organizers, etc.
- Mints / Gum
- Lotions / Chapsticks
- Travel Items: toiletry bags, toothbrushes, combs, travel mugs, etc.
- Apparel: face masks, hats, shirts, lanyards, etc.
- Conference-Specific Items: demos, ebooks, online course vouchers, presentation notes, samples, etc.
For added convenience, you might want to look into utilizing Postal’s QR codes that allow conference attendees to redeem swag items. This way, they’ll receive your branded items and gadgets without having to carry bags of merchandise around for the remainder of the conference.
No matter which industry your business is in or what unique circumstances you have for designing company swag, let the professionals at Postal make the entire process as simple as possible. We’re confident that our team can take all the necessary steps to help you curate collections of company swag for any occasion. Take advantage of a free trial with Postal to see how Postal’s Offline Marketing Automation platform can level up your company swag.